Long Wharf's Studio School offers classes for both youth and adult students at various times throughout the year. Classes are taught by Education Department staff or local guest artists. Past offerings have included Scene Study, Audition Technique, and Intro to Theater.
WINTER & SPRING CLASSES!
Perfect the Part: Teen Audition Intensive
Taught by Madelyn Ardito
Ages 13 - 18
Whether you're preparing for auditions with your school, a community theater, or a college program, having strong classical and contemporary monologues is a necessity for any actor. Actors in this class will be guided through the entire audition process.
Learn how to:
1. Create a resume and select a headshot. Have these already? Bring them to class and get feedback to make them even better. Don't have them at all? Get your headshot taken by one of our professional staff photographers and use it at your next audition! (An additional fee applies.)
2. Select the monologues that are right for you.
3. Analyze the text of a play and develop a complex character.
4. Select the right audition outfit.
5. Present yourself and your monologues with full confidence.
6. Show an audition panel that you are their only choice!
The experience will culminate in a mock audition with Long Wharf staff members and specific feedback for each actor.
Price: $250 per student
Schedule: Mondays, January 23rd - March 13th, 4 - 6PM
(No class on President's Day, February 20th)
The Laugh Laboratory!
Ages 9 - 13
If you love to make everyone around you laugh, the Laugh Laboratory is for you! Over the course of seven weeks, students will explore improvisation through hilarious games and exercises. Learn to create a character from scratch, think quickly on your feet, and work as a troupe to put on a show! The class will culminate with a performance for friends and family. No experience necessary, only a willingness to try new things, have fun, and LAUGH!
Price: $250 per student
Schedule: Saturdays, March 4th - April 15th, 10AM - 12PM.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICIES
LWT Education does not offer refunds. Refunds will only be granted for medical or other extenuating circumstances.
If a class does not meet its minimum enrollment requirement, we will cancel the class one week before its start date. If a class is cancelled, we will notify you via email. You will not be charged class tuition until we determine that a class has met its minimum enrollment.
If classes are cancelled due to inclement weather, you will be notified via email and phone. These classes will be rescheduled.
LWT Education reserves the right to withdraw any student whose conduct is deemed detrimental to the class environment. A refund will not be issued.